404 not found

Why do I get this error when only playing certain files on my iPhone 3GS? 90% Of my video files play perfectly but certain files give me this error 404 not found. coincidentaly the files that wont play on the phone are .MKV files. I saw that MKV was supported when I bought the pro licence. Any help will be appreciated.

I get the 404 error every time I try to view ANY video on my iPhone from its built-in Safari browser. I have mostly mp4 videos, zero mkv files. The PC is Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and I have no problem viewing these same videos on my PS3.

It sure would be interesting to know why it doesn’t work. I paid for the PRO version mostly just to give some support to the TVersity developers, because I’ve been using TVersity for years. Still, it’d be nice if what’s billed as a main feature of the pro version would work on my system, preferably without becoming a major configure/reconfigure project.

My first guess is maybe it’s a CODEC issue. I suppose the mp4 files are working fine with the PS3 because no transcoding is required, and the PC just streams it as is for the PS3 to decode. The iPhone profile, I guess, probably requires transcoding even though the files are already mp4, because of resolution issues…

Oh well. Guess if I want this to work I’ll need to start that configure/reconfigure project anyways…

The guess about codecs is likely right. When you don’t get the MKV to transcode, the missing video is likely treated like a missing webpage. MAYBE you need to turn on more codec support in ffdshow, since apparently some MKVs or other videos are transcoding correctly…

this problem happen on every new installation.