Subtitles only work for transcoded videos (and transcoding is supported only in Pro version). TVersity relies on ffdshow to decode the subtitles while the video is being decoded and then it burns them to the video. This allows subs to work with any device (even those that do not support subs) as long as the video is being transcoded.
So here is what you need to check when the subs do not show up:
- Make sure TVersity transcodes the video - you can verify it by looking at the status page. You may need to force transcode if it is not being transcoded.
- Make sure you have ffdshow (32 bit and latest version) installed and subs are configured as per the screen shot below. If it is not installed then install it and then re-install TVersity.
- You may also need to run TVersity from the command line as per the instructions below, this is instead of running as a service.
Required ffdshow configuration:
Instructions for running TVersity from the command line:
- Stop the sharing service and wait till it is full stopped
- Open a command line windows with admin rights (cmd.exe)
- Go to the folder where TVersity is installed (typically
- Run the command: