IPhone

The good: The Apple iPhone has a stunning display, a sleek design, and an innovative multitouch user interface. Its Safari browser makes for a superb Web surfing experience, and it offers easy-to-use apps. As an iPod, it shines.

The bad: The Apple iPhone has variable call quality and lacks some basic features found in many cell phones, including stereo Bluetooth support and 3G compatibility. Integrated memory is stingy for an iPod, and you have to sync the iPhone to manage music content.

The bottom line: Despite some important missing features, a slow data network, and call quality that doesn’t always deliver, the Apple iPhone sets a new benchmark for an integrated cell phone and MP3 player.

I wished that I had an iPhone after the first time I saw it in my friend’s hand. I’m not able to purchase it now, but I hope that I have it in the future when I have the cash. I just want to say two words, that iPhone is really an aPhone and it truly deserves that name.

[Moderator note: signature deleted]

I haven’t realized that an apple iPhone has that kind of advantages and disadvantages. However, I want an iphone because it certainly offers you the easiest way to access an application. In fact, I am going to have it this month. So it is really nice to know some information about it.

Hi Swaysmith
I think apple is the best iphone beause the features in phone are very good including stereo Bluetooth support and 3G compatibility.Integrated memory is stingy for an iPod, and you have to sync the iPhone to manage music content. The weak point in the phone is the sound but overall its agood phone

So curiosity, did you ever get your iphone.

I’ll give you another reason, No other phone has the developer community the iphone has. I been an iphone developer since the program began, let me say that apple isn’t the easiest platform due to all there restrictions. but they are getting a little bit better, they know they have to release new api features to keep up with the competition.

But already we are learning to build apps that access the type of video and audio content tversity supports (Transcodeed or not) quite easily.

The app we are currently beta testing can access a fair amount of the video from tversity. works best with mpeg content but we are trying to figure out what our issues are with avi (divx, wmv). In our next beta we will be adding mms and rtsp support. Which means we should be able to handle most streaming radio streams.

And we are only one of several thousand developers.

No other plaform has this much developer commitment. And while your looking at the iphone take a look at the ipad.

I guess all the features you are looking for a smarthphone are already in Iphone. One features I like to the iphone is fast internet surfing, and there so many applications you can use.