No Thumbnails on Smart TV

Hi,
I tired out the free TVersity Version 3.8. on Windows 8. My Samsung JU 7090 is connected to the server, but shows no thumbnails of the photos or the videos. I only want to see the folders of my media hard disk. So I choose “Files and Folders” in the settings.

On my Android Phone I can see the thumbnails in the BubbleUPnP app. Why not on my Smart TV? Is this a known issue?

Thanks
Maggi

This is up to the TV, not the server. The server supports thumbnails and they show fine on most devices, some have certain limitations, etc.

Hi,
I read a lot about problems with Samsung TVs. I just wonder why Mezzmo shows thumbsnails of photos and videos on my Samsung JU 7090 and TVersity not. Correction: With TVersity I can see thumbnails of my mp4 videos. All other thumbnails are empty (no preview picture).

Have a nice day
Maggi

Video for which TVersity us unable to generate thumbnails are a different issue. If you do not see thumbnails on TV and also not on the web interface then this is a limitation of the software. We support generating thumbnails for some formats, not all.

If however you do see them in the web interface and not on TV then my original response still holds.