Purchased the following:
HP Proliant Microserver, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb drive(will get bigger but ok for now)
Installed from scratch and in order:
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Community Codec Pack
Tversity Pro (paid for obviously), installed under it's own service account
UAC is disabled
I've spent all morning on this and tried numerous different codec packs, settings, etc. Rebooting and cleaning up inbetween.
The majority of my library could be easily described as either MKV or MPG format.
All my library has started off as MKV and I've used MKV2VOB to convert to MPG for use with the PS3.
I'm getting the dreaded "data is corrupted" message when I attempt to play either MPG or MKV on the PS3.
On the Iphone I get the video without sound no matter what file format I select.
I can see from the huge amount of threads that no matter how many of the "definitive guides" are available everybody tends to have different results.
I'm going to start again, but before I do, please don't hesitate to tell me what I'm doing wrong.
(PS: I'm running TVERSITY on my laptop which has Windows 7 64bit and Klite codec pack and it works perfectly well for PS3)