Tversity diconnects on TV

Hello,

I have a problem since some days.
When i’m playing a film on my Philips TV, after +/- 13 minutes:
1°) the film stop
2°) The main window come up but without “the tversity media server”
3°) After a couple of seconds, the “tversity media server” title appears again.
4°) I can play again a film (but at the beginning of the film of course…)

It’s very frustrating because I can’t use Tversity now more than +/- 13 minutes…

For your information, when I don’t play a film and i stay on the main window on the television, it’s the same problem:
after +/- 13 min, the tversity media server disappear and appear again after 2 or 3 seconds.

I’m on the last pro version.
Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards,
7ric

I see three options:

1. Network issue - are you using wired or wireless? If wireless try wired, if wired, make sure router is not rebooting itself when that happens and that all network cables are undamaged.

2. TV issue - TVersity does not officially support Philips TVs, it could be that the video delivered to the TV creates issue at times (e.g. when the bitrate is high) leading to some crash, etc. If this is the case try choosing a different device profile via the TVersity setting page (in the GUI) that may be more fitting to what the TV can handle.

3. TVersity issue - does it crash? Can you check the Windows event viewer when this happens again? (look for entries related to MediaServer.exe crashing)

Thanks for your answer.
I think it is a Windows/Tversity problem because:

1. my network is wired and I have undamaged cables;
  2. I didn’t have this problem on my Philips TV and I use Tversity for years.

I receive this error on eventvwr:
Nom de l’application défaillante MediaServer.exe, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x55b92bdf
Nom du module défaillant : libapr.dll, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x4a8a1aa1
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0000703a
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1328
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d0cdfae6c03c9c
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\ProgramData\TVersity\Media Server\MediaServer.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\ProgramData\TVersity\Media Server\libapr.dll
ID de rapport : 26467948-39ee-11e5-aabe-e0cb4ea97e3b

Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards,
Cédric

Thanks for this. Do you have one of those for each disconnection you experience?

Also, what TVersity version are you using?

Thanks for your answer.
I didn’t receive this error each time.
Most of time, I have no error in eventvwr.
I have the pro 3.8 version.
My media playback in the GUI is set to “autodetect”.

Thanks in advance,
7ric

Sounds like there is an incompatibility between the Philips TV and TVersity. Can you check the status page and see under devices, how is your TV identified?

You might want to change the settings from autodetect to some TV like Sony Bravia which may be more compatible with your TV.

Thanks for your answer.
My TV is identified as “Device” on the status page.
I try nearly all devices but all devices stop +/- at the same time (at +/ 13 min).
Only 1 device are playing a little more (but not to the end): Sony Bravia TV / Blu-Ray.
I’m paying and using Tversity Pro from 2012 (and this year also Tversity Screen Server) and I have no problem to play a film until now… It was always with the “autodetect” mode who identified my TV as something like “VAIO”…
I don’t understand why suddenly my Philips TV is no more compatible…
I sincerely hope that a solution will be found and I’m sure that a solution will be found because I trust in Tversity.

Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards,
7ric

Please select the VAIO device manually then restart the TV. Is it better?

The autodetect behavior related to Vaio may have changed and I believe this may have caused your issue.

Hello,
Thanks for your answer.
Sorry for the late answer but I was on Holiday…

I try what your writes but unfortunately the playing of the film stop after the same time (+/- 13 min).

Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards,
Cédric

After selecting Vaio you need to restart the DLNA functionality on the TV, otherwise it will still use the other URL. Can you try again?

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer.
I try what your say but unfortunately, every xvid I play stops after +/- 13 minutes.
It’s very frustrating because most of ly films are xvid…

This strange behaviour occurs +/- end July…
Before, that date, I never had a problem with Tversity.

I sincerely hope that you’ll find a solution or a fix in an new version because with this behaviour I can’t use Tversity despite the fact I pay it…

Kind Regards,
Cédric

Nothing has changed with regard to xvid in TVersity so we need to find what changed in your system. Can you please try uninstalling all codec packs, then installing something minimal like ffdshow tryouts (32 bit version) and then re-install TVersity? Then choose the Vaio profile and try the TV again.

Finally, please make sure the network is reliable, one thing to check is the router logs for spontaneous reboots at the time the video stops playing.

Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
Your advice was very helpful.
I’ve checked the log of my bbox2 modem router (belgium telephony/internet/television provider) and I noticed that I have a lot of “Outbound Traffic Blocked - NAT out failed” every minutes, seconds in the firewall log of the bbox2…
I change my bbox2 with the new bbox3 and all my problems are now solved.
I read on an other forum that there was a bug in the bbox2…

Thank you very much.
Kind Regards,
Cédric

Glad we could help!