TVersity doesn't see any devices (WD, Sony,Roku,Samsung)

I have just re-purchased TVersity 3.8 Pro - having bought the same version back in 2014. I had it working on my old Palasonic TV after lots of issues.

New TV - Samsung 7 Series and it just doesn’t see TVersity ( No DNLA ?) but I also tried with my Sony Blu Ray player ( which used to work fine) but that now just says “Waiting for Server to start” - and times out.

My WD Live TV is connected to the TV and work fine - but doesn’t see TVersity at all. I have a Roku box on another TV ( same network). But when I look at the Rich Client TVersity Media Server - Status, it shows no devices at all.

I can however Chromcast successfully, but only from Chrome web browser - the “Chromecast” icon in TVersity is greyed out.

Please can someone give an old man a bit of gentle advice.

Thanks
Warwick

Can you please check:

There seem to be a generic discovery issue of some sort across all devices. Chromecast is different since it is not DLNA.

Separately, if you already have a license for any 3.x version, no need to buy another, you can apply for a refund and we can re-send you the old license key.

First of all, thanks you for your reply.

Below is the (part) email I received when I bought 3.0 Pro back in 2014. A refund would be most welcome. I will also include the details of my most recent purchase ( thought I needed to re-purchase to get support).

I think my problem is none of my devices support DNLA (new TV and different Blu Ray player. I will need to investigate further it seems. I have lost the remote for the WD Live but the Samsung remote does cover off most functions.

Many thanks for your kind assistance.
Warwick Montagu

Original Purchase
Dear Warwick Montagu,

Thank you for purchasing a TVersity Media Server Pro license (Unlimited PCs in one household - $29.99)!

Your transaction id is 0XE63030FC0047359.

Please keep this email for your records, it includes your license key and installation instructions:

1. Download the software at: http ://cdn.download.tversity.com/TVersityProSetup_3_0.exe .
  2. Run the installation wizard.
  3. Enter the following information during installation:
    Email address: removed due to limitation on number of links
    License key: 31ABE93F-6187-41EE-9043-9FCF5911D6D5

Happy streaming,

The TVersity team

MOST RECENT PURCHASE

Dear Warwick Montagu,

Thank you for purchasing a TVersity Media Server Pro license (Unlimited PCs in one household - $39.99)!

Your transaction id is 6BW99295XP066773F.

Please keep this email for your records, it includes your license key and installation instructions:

1. Download the software at: http ://cdn.download.tversity.com/TVersityProSetup_3_8.exe .
  2. Run the installation wizard.
  3. Enter the following information during installation:
    Email address: removed due to limitation on number of links
    License key: c124cac2-0546-4386-46ef-269534b350c1