Tversity - Making it Work for PS3 *updated 11/23/09

[quote="KarnaG3"]
Try uninstalling Tversity, restart your PC and then follow this guide to a T. Let us know how it goes.[/quote]

I will do so this weekend and provide a full report. Thanks.

[quote=“Flak”]Subtitles are for foreign speaking parts, I have handbrake setup to do a foreign audio search and force any parts where an english subtitle is called. So I don’t get subtitles throughout the whole movie but only in parts where they are speaking a different language. So not all the movies have subtitles, that was just one example.

I switched to MKV at the beginning and redid the movies I had already done because at some point I was told the MP4 container didn’t fully support AC3.

Changing the playstation 3 profile was something I tried during the last phase of getting it to work cause it was something I had remembered from the earlier days of Tversity. So all earlier tries were with the default profile. I already knew about deleting the bad transcodes/temp files, so I checked after every reboot.[/quote]

It doesn’t matter if MP4 supports AC3. AAC is capable of equal or better sound AND multi-channel. Use AAC.

For now, please post a screenshot of the settings you currently have in FFDShow audio to adjust the channels, multiple shots if necessary.

Also, please re-read the above post and cover the additional info I asked about, specifically if you re-ENCODED or reMUXED when you converted to MKV.

Subtitles are for foreign speaking parts, I have handbrake setup to do a foreign audio search and force any parts where an english subtitle is called. So I don’t get subtitles throughout the whole movie but only in parts where they are speaking a different language. So not all the movies have subtitles, that was just one example.

I switched to MKV at the beginning and redid the movies I had already done because at some point I was told the MP4 container didn’t fully support AC3.

Changing the playstation 3 profile was something I tried during the last phase of getting it to work cause it was something I had remembered from the earlier days of Tversity. So all earlier tries were with the default profile. I already knew about deleting the bad transcodes/temp files, so I checked after every reboot.

[quote=“torrid”]Thanks for the great guide and for keeping it current. That’s a LOT of work. Have you, or anyone else, tried to follow these directions on a Windows 7 64-bit installation? I just finished installing Windows 7 last night and did a straight TVerity install, not following these dirctions, and it didn’t seem to work. Wondering if anyone has tried using this process in Windows 7.

Thanks.[/quote]

To the best of my knowledge, from other users who’ve said so, this installation process has worked for Windows 7.

One thing to keep in mind is that you MUST disable “Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service” before installation. It is NOT on by default in Vista, but I’m not sure in 7.

Try uninstalling Tversity, restart your PC and then follow this guide to a T. Let us know how it goes.

torrid, I’m running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit as well and almost everything works peachy.

KarnaG3,

Thanks a bunch for your guide. You truly deserve a medal for this one. It has always worked for me perfectly on XP and Vista.
I can confirm that these steps work for Windows 7, I’m able to play all my video files,
Tversity picks up .srt subtitles as well as embedded subs on mkv files.

However, I’m having one problem. When I’m playing Bleach episodes via TVersity It
seems like the color doesn’t match the image. I suspected it to be the Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder, which is the default filter in Windows 7 that is being used. I made sure
ffdshow is getting used but I’m still having the same problem. If i play the video on the computer, it shows fine. Do you know what might be the cause of this?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

Hey KarnaG3, just like to thank you for the effort you put into this guide!

I followed it the the letter, and have since got TVersity and MKVs streaming great to my PS3, with an old P4 box running Windows Server 2008.

Have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year =]

[quote="chang"]Hi,
KarnaG3 thanks for the guide, but I`m having a problem, hope you or anyone else can help me.

I used to play mkv, but subs never showed. (are files that have the subs "attach", no video and subs in different files)
anyway… now when I play a mkv file:

1. my ps3 report "data corrupted"
  2. my laptop report: (image below)

1. after I click: CANCEL, the ps3 report "media server error: DLNA protocol (2101) has ocurred.

I have tried all steps under “I GET A “DATA CORRUPT” MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO PLAY SOMETHING” as well as under EDIT 11/23/09
MKV SUBTITLES DON’T WORK

I follow the guide carefully step by step… including trying files with MPC (and they work there great)
I read many of your advice here for “corrupted” but I dunno if I should try them, among them I found this one: “I forgot CCCP had this setting in the main interface now. LEAVE THE FFDSHOW SETTING @ 2.0 and change it under the MAIN CCCP program and try again.” this sounds that it could be bc everytime the ffdshow icon is on my right lower corner, but I think I need more steps to know what to do with that advice (I`m tech challenged :oops: )

I do not know what I`m doing wrong… :(

Here is also a image of all my programs, in case you have the time to eyeball it and tell me if I`m suppose to delete some other codec thingy. I deleted ffdshow codec that i had separetly.

I do not have any others ideas, hope someone can help
enjoy…

[color=#FF0000]EDIT: I remove Dvix for there and did the guide again. nothing :( (and this time did it with browser close after reading what you said above)[/color]

[color=#FF8000]EDIT2: well… I went and play around with settings. I did not do step2 of that guide that yuo said no to follow, bc well… as far as I know HAALI is required for mkv, well… if I put the following I get to see the mkv file, but as usual with NOSUBS …

1. CCCP, but in setting uncheck all under HAALI (I install the whole thing, but remove haali from settings)
  2. Tversity code pack, but unstill ffdshow
  3. On CCCP, went to ffdshow video decoder and in subs did what I copy above, same with the other filter.
    I did this with reboot as I though needed.

weird, but anyway, no subs
anyway… I give up and will wait for any advice/help. Thx[/color][/quote]

First, subs will only play when they are either embedded or in the file container. External subs won’t play unless you configure the VSvobsub to handle them. We can get to that later. Right now, you need to uninstall Tversity & CCCP and start from scratch.

Don’t change Haali settings. This is a video codec/filter and unrelated to your subs issue; its also required to play MKV and some MP4 files correctly with Tversity.

Let me know once you’ve reinstalled.

Nothing stands out in your programs that needs to be removed except DIVX. This is installed with CCCP and separate installs, like you have now, can screw things up.

Hi,
KarnaG3 thanks for the guide, but I`m having a problem, hope you or anyone else can help me.

I used to play mkv, but subs never showed. (are files that have the subs "attach", no video and subs in different files)
anyway… now when I play a mkv file:

1. my ps3 report "data corrupted"
  2. my laptop report: (image below)

1. after I click: CANCEL, the ps3 report "media server error: DLNA protocol (2101) has ocurred.

I have tried all steps under “I GET A “DATA CORRUPT” MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO PLAY SOMETHING” as well as under EDIT 11/23/09
MKV SUBTITLES DON’T WORK

I follow the guide carefully step by step… including trying files with MPC (and they work there great)
I read many of your advice here for “corrupted” but I dunno if I should try them, among them I found this one: “I forgot CCCP had this setting in the main interface now. LEAVE THE FFDSHOW SETTING @ 2.0 and change it under the MAIN CCCP program and try again.” this sounds that it could be bc everytime the ffdshow icon is on my right lower corner, but I think I need more steps to know what to do with that advice (I`m tech challenged :oops: )

I do not know what I`m doing wrong… :(

Here is also a image of all my programs, in case you have the time to eyeball it and tell me if I`m suppose to delete some other codec thingy. I deleted ffdshow codec that i had separetly.

I do not have any others ideas, hope someone can help
enjoy…

[color=#FF0000]EDIT: I remove Dvix for there and did the guide again. nothing :( (and this time did it with browser close after reading what you said above)[/color]

[color=#FF8000]EDIT2: well… I went and play around with settings. I did not do step2 of that guide that yuo said no to follow, bc well… as far as I know HAALI is required for mkv, well… if I put the following I get to see the mkv file, but as usual with NOSUBS …

1. CCCP, but in setting uncheck all under HAALI (I install the whole thing, but remove haali from settings)
  2. Tversity code pack, but unstill ffdshow
  3. On CCCP, went to ffdshow video decoder and in subs did what I copy above, same with the other filter.
    I did this with reboot as I though needed.

weird, but anyway, no subs
anyway… I give up and will wait for any advice/help. Thx[/color]

Thank you for the guide…
I’m having one problem though. Any time i try to view a MKV file it streams to the PS3 however the video is scrambled (on a diag, wrapped 3 lines). It appears that ffdshow is somehow scrambling the picture.

Is there a simple fix for that problem?

I figured it out…

I had the Shark007 codecs installed which was causing the problem.

Uninstalling those fixed the problem (although now media player won’t take the .mkv extension but oh well )

:mrgreen: IT FINALLY WORKS!!! :mrgreen:

If you don’t have Flash for Firefox installed, install this first. No restart is necessary after this install, and YES it must be the Flash for Firefox.
Uninstall ALL codecs you have installed currently & Tversity. RESTART.
Install the CCCP. Restart
Install Tversity. UNCHECK the Tversity codec pack & Babylon things in the install. UNCHECK the “Start media server” and “Start Interface” at the end of the install. Do NOT start Tversity yet. RESTART
After the restart, everything should be kosher.

KarnaG3,
first of all, much appreciation… i can finally watch my "matroska" files. i kept trying your first post on this and it wouldnt work, then i slapped myself and decided to read further. i cleaned the hell out of my registery using auslogics registery cleaner, and after uninstalling all related software to this using the supplied uninstallers, i also manually deleted there leftovers in the program files folder. i do have a few problems now that i am this far, and would love your advice.

1. when attempting to play a mpeg-4 (under dimensions when i mouseover it says avc1, AAC) i get an "unsupported file" error, yet it plays just fine on the dektop that is serving all my stuff.

2. when i attempt to stream some of the rss feeds under "guide" i get "corrupt data".

i havent checked all of my flicks to see if the work, but so far so good execpt for the mpeg-4. any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. and thanks again i have been working on this for about 3 days now.

Yes.

1. Use UPnP on your router if it has it. If it doesn’t, read #2 and this is a MUST to make it work (under network info on PS3 it will TELL you if UPnP is available. if NOT, enable it if you can).
  2. Use port forwarding for TCP/UDP port 41952 (tversity), use port triggering (forwarding will work, too) for your PS3’s UDP port 3478, 3479. edit 11/25/09 Note that port forwarding/triggering should only be used as an alternative to UPnP. If using UPnP, this shouldn’t be necessary. However, if UPnP isn’t working for some reason, disable it and try the port forward method.
  3. [color=#FF0000]Do NOT use WMM.[/color] [color=#FF0000]This MUST be disabled on your wireless card on your PC[/color] (and everything ELSE on your network). WMM isn’t supported by Xbox 360 (ironically, since its a Micro$haft protocol) so its DEFINITELY not supported on PS3. Alternatively, if you have an Intel Wireless card, you CAN enable “Throughput Enhancement” which will improve drop-out issues (stuttering, bad buffering, etc) and might even make the net move a bit faster for you.
  4. Even if your firewall on your PC has "Tversity" as an "allowed" program, manually add the port 41952 for both TCP & UDP…especially if you use Windows Firewall. You will need a system RESTART to put this into effect.
  5. Last but not least, USE QoS!!! This really works, and it makes sure that Tversity takes priority. I set mine as follows: PC/Normal, PS3/High, Tversity/Highest, UDP3478/3479/High.
  6. A few things to tweak in Tversity, ONE AT A TIME; change it, RESTART Tv, Try it, and so on: Under Settings/Transcoder “When to transcode”: Check “Decrease the bitrate…”, Under “Optimization”: Check Speed, Under “Compression”: Should be AT LEAST average unless you’re wired, Under “Decoding Speed”: UNcheck this box, finally Under “Audio Capture” DO NOT USE THIS; UNCHECK its slow as HELL.

Again, try #6 one step at a time if you’re still having issues AFTER the router tweaking. The BIGGEST factor is the resolution (when transcoding) but if you’re NOT transcoding when these issues occur, then the network tweaks should resolve it. However, I’m sure that what you’re describing occurs in both non/transcoding situations.

If you have a wireless printer, you may also want to shut down this SERVICE under Services.msc in Windows.

Thanks to the OP and all that contributed to this post as I was able to set up my media server over a wireless connection. Along with DVD shrink I now can stream any of my owned DVD’s without a problem. This is particularly great for the PAL disks as the PS3 would not play them from the physical DVD. Thanks again for all your help and guidance

I was skeptical and still may run a 10/100 connection to the ps3 but as of right now the 54G is working great - even on 1080P streams. The only complaint right now would be WMA9 not being supported by the PS3. Taking the time to read this guide fully and following it helped immensely.

[Moderator note: links in signature removed…]

Your guide solved my AC3 Audio stutter problem, but now any .mkv with embedded subs crashes tversity instantly.

Someone mentioned using gabest instead of haali, how would I go about doing that? :?:

[edit]

I did some rereading of instructions and some more searching and realised that the latest tversity (1.9.7) automatically installs the tversity codec pack itself. So it is not possible to avoid it.

In addition this post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66612 seems to indicate a problem with 1.9.7 choosing the correct filter for transcoding.

I tried the following.

1. uninstal all codecs & tversity
  2. removed any remaining folders
  3. reboot.
  4. clean registry
  5. reboot
  6. install tversity
  7. uninstall tversity codec pack
  8. remove remaining folders
  9. clean registry
  10. reboot
  11. install CCCP
  12. set vsfilter to not load
  13. set ffdshow to do subtitles
  14. turned off haali splitter for all files
  15. reboot

I left the transcode options at really low resolution settings so bandwidth was eliminated as problems

results:
mkv no subs - works fine no ac3 stutter
mkv with embedded subs - instant crash of tversity mediaserver

I also tried with haali splitter turned on with the same result.

I’m going to see if I can register the gabest matroska filter from the mpc standalone filter pack mentioned in the linked post above.

oh and I forgot to mention aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgh!

I am having an issue playing just AVI files where the PS3 does not play the audio on some files. I started a new thread hoping SOMEONE can help me, PLEASE!!! This is the link: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=66678

After following your guide and cleaning registry, still no luck with MKV. It was working a while ago but has stopped working recently.

Tversity starts transcoding but I get "data corrupted" error on the ps3.

AXERTYRE wrote:

IS there a way to stream RMVB files? I followed the guide correctly and I installed
real alternative, however I still can’t play the rmvb files, please help
i have the same problem,any other solutions?