Tversity - Making it Work for PS3 *updated 11/23/09

[quote="DJMatty"]Well after a few days of messing around and hair pulling I have finally got MKV files streaming to my PS3 with the AC3 audio working correctly.

I originally followed the OP’s guide, uninstalled my xvid, divx, and ac3filter codecs and installed vista codec pack, which then allowed me to view my mkv files in WMP, then installed tversity as instructed and created a new user to run the service under, set all the settings as instructed and did all the reboots where instructed.

This got my PS3 able to play the mkv files, however the audio was corrupted, and no amount of setting the right codec in ffdshow or ac3filter would make any difference to this. This was so much better then the corrupt data message I had before though :)

So, reinstall my o/s from scratch to see if it was any of the old codecs settings hanging around. Still the same problem.
…blah blah blah

Matt[/quote]

Thanks for the help, but if you have your own guide, write your own thread. Please don’t post a book unless it involves an actual question. Thanks!

[quote=“dominatingtnt”]Thanx man but wat exactly is the advantage of installing another user- i remember reading in the original post about the ‘many advantages’-
‘***note: alternatively (I suggest this if you can manage it) you can create a 2nd user account, and use this name as the logon for the Media Server. This has many advantages, but don’t worry about it if you can’t figure it out.’
so wat exactly MORE can u do wif another user?[/quote]

This is no longer necessary. Tversity correctly configures itself when installed w/the new RC4 version.

If for some reason Tversity is not starting automatically w/Windows (should show Automatic & "Started" in services.msc), you can resolve it by doing this:

1. Hit the "windows" button and the "R" key (Run).
  2. In the "Run" field type "services.msc". This will bring up the system services window.
  3. Find the Tversity service. Double click and go the 2nd tab @ the top labeled "Log On".
  4. Under Log On click “Browse”, on the pop-up window, click "Advanced, then on the next pop-up click “Find Now” (no you don’t need to enter any info, just click).
  5. At the bottom, under "Search Results", under the "Name(RDN)" you will likely see Administrator, Guest, then your user name. When you find the one that has your Windows user name, double-click this. This will take you to the 1st pop-up window you saw and will now show your user name in the box. Click OK read the next step
  6. BEFORE YOU HIT ANYTHING ELSE (unless you like repeating the above steps over and over), enter your windows password in the Password & Confirm Password fields. Click OK.

You guessed it, RESTART! Tversity should start w/windows when you use the logon you selected to us w/the Tversity service.

[quote=“dominatingtnt”]Thanx man but wat exactly is the advantage of installing another user- i remember reading in the original post about the ‘many advantages’-
‘***note: alternatively (I suggest this if you can manage it) you can create a 2nd user account, and use this name as the logon for the Media Server. This has many advantages, but don’t worry about it if you can’t figure it out.’
so wat exactly MORE can u do wif another user?[/quote]

There are various remote applications, depending on your network/pc/server setup that can be used. For 99% of us, its unncecessary, so just disregard this if you don’t know the answer because it means you don’t have a use for it :).

[quote="DJMatty"]Yeah, you can set up that user as a cut down user to improve throughput of transcoding according to the OP in this post:

http://forums.tversity.com/viewtopic.php?p=48636#p48636

But as I found out, it does mean you need to get the codecs right for that second user, I gave up in the end :)

Matt

so wat exactly MORE can u do wif another user?[/quote][/quote]

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS STATEMENT* This is incorrect.

Creating a 2nd user name for Tversity means you need that user to be logged on (even if your primary account is already logged in) to use Tversity. Unless you have a use (network/server wise) for this 2nd account, you don’t need it.

PS - Less processing power? No. Wrong. More processing power. Try running a benchmark w/that setup and then w/the normal setup and you tell me :). I’ll bet you $$

[quote=“Misato”]Guys, I’ve been trying to get MKV to work with TVERSITY on PS3 but everything I tried failed.
The MKV files in question have h.264 video, ac3 or dts audio and sometimes SRT subtitles.
I’ve been reading through this thread and I’ve been trying it out several things and I could never get any mkv with h.264+ac3/dts to actually stream to the ps3.
I could only get h.264 and ac3 to work if into a m2ts container renamed to .vob. Subtitles in that container do not work over the network.

As far as transcoding goes,

For mkv type 1 (h.264+ac3), tversity should be able to stream without transcoding.
For mkv type 2 (h.264+dts), tversity should only stream the video and transcode the audio only from dts to ac3.

Is there any way to get it working as I explained it above?[/quote]

Wrong. Sorry, I have to point out the incorrect info or you guys will just confuse people looking for help.

ANY FILE FORMAT NOT SUPPORTED NATIVELY (i.e. you can’t run it directly on the PS3) BY THE PS3 MUST BE TRANSCODED. This is the purpose of transcoding (as I have said before)…but for those who didn’t bother reading previous posts…here it goes again:

The few formats supported by PS3 natively (you can test if it is or isn’t by putting the video file on a USB drive and trying to run it from the PS3 menu - hint when you can’t find the file and come back here to ask why…try hitting the “triangle” button and then selecting “Display All” on you USB drive) will run directly i.e. w/no transcoding.

Your best bet is to make sure the files/folders you’ve selected in Tversity are set to “Transcode, When needed” (found by double-clicked folder when added to Tversity, under the “Advanced” tab).

The file formats not supported natively will NOT RUN WITHOUT TRANSCODING. You’re on crack if you think MKV will work w/out a codec. :)

[quote=“DJMatty”]…start the service or run the UI (uncheck the last 2 boxes in the setup wizard)
3) Open the services and select tversity and change it’s logon to the correct user and password
4) Find the profiles.xml file in the tversity folder and change the mpeg16 to mpeg2 in the playstation3 profile (this seems to be important, my ps3 wouldn’t play the files until I had done this)
5) Then followed KarnaG3’s instructions for configuring tversity

Oh and I did follow his instructions to the letter, including all reboots in all places

And after that my PS3 is playing the mkv files like a charm with correct ac3 audio!

What exactly is the problem when you try to play them? And what does tversity say when it attempts to transcode them (I am using the latest rc of 1.0.0.3) there is a status tab that shows transcoding sta… blah …[/quote]

Dude. No more books. Please stop posting gob-loads of misinformation. You’ve taken various steps other users have used (with no confirmation as to whether they work) and mixed them w/mine. This will confuse other people. Please see future notes.

Wrong and wrong. :)

Please see future notes. MKV rocking all night long :).

Its been a while, but it looks like I have a lot of help to offer, so all is good :).

A few things on this little ( or not so) post:

***1) I will update the guide so that the “original” post is up-to-date
***2) DON’T BOTHER ASKING ME ANY QUESTIONS IF a) Your not using Tversity RC4. The newer version is very bug-free and resolved the “services.msc/logon” issue (in most cases). or b)you plan on taking various unconfirmed recommendations from others (who btw are asking questions, too, and therefore can’t seem to get it right yet :)) or c) aren’t going to follow the steps.
***3) For the last time, this is ONLY for PS3 and ONLY for Windows. MAC users, whateva, no hatin’ on Apple, no beef w/Linux, that’s just not what I’m doing here. :) Don’t bitch cuz I don’t have a guide in here for Tversity running on your iPhone & Xbox on a Linux network. That’s why its called “making it work on the {freaking} PS3”. (some linux dude is gonna gimme the linux superiority speech after this, I just know it).
***4) If you are still complaining about garbled sound from the AC3 FILTER after you read this, then you didn’t read this. You will be removing AC3. If it still comes up (your little thing in the system tray…) then you didn’t uninstall it.
***5)]I suggest that *during the entire process you do NOT have your PS3 on
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few NEW steps:

>>>>>>>>>>>>1) DISREGARD THE GUIDE AT THE BEGINING, UNLESS YOU ARE STILL USING THAT VERSION OF TVERSITY (i.e. don’t use that version :))
2) Download Tversity RC4 here: http://download.tversity.com/TVersitySetup_1_0_0_7_RC4.exe
3) Download the newest FFDShow here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=4790&s=50 *don’t even think about getting FFDShow from any other link and expect that I can help you, or that it will work correctly. (the FFDshow included w/Tversity works, but the newest version works better w/the Haali splitter [mkv support])
4) Download the Haali Media Splitter for MKV support here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=3239&s=399 (diddo on the last statement for this, too)
5) Download Media Player Classic here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=4251&s=134 Don’t worry - this is only for testing you don’t have to use it forever (although it completely smokes MP11 in my opinion).

[b] **********************STOP************  DON'T INSTALL ANYTHING[/b]
  1. The first thing you need to do is uninstall any codecs you’ve ever installed. This means uninstalling anything that installs its own codecs. PS NERO IS A KNOWN ISSUE. It installs its own codecs for use in audio/video conversion for making those convenient pirate CDs and DVDs for you. I do not use Nero, so I am unsure if you can deselect installation of the codecs. I hate Nero, so the only advice I can give is use something else. Most conversion programs (I use Xilisoft programs a lot) use a codec package that borrows from your default package and may use its own program-specific codecs, in other words they don’t interfere w/your “other/tversity” codecs that we’re concerned w/here.

2. REBOOT. After ANY reboot [related to the install process], I recommend using a registry cleaner. Right now I’m using McAfee’s because it’s easy and effective. This is not required, but if you do it REBOOT AGAIN AFTER THE REG CLEAN.

8) [b]*THIS IS KEY*[/b] DO NOT INSTALL TVERSITY FIRST. Install your codecs first. [b]FFDSHOW FIRST[/b], [b][i]HAALI 2ND[/i][/b]. [i]* do not change any of the default settings [/i]- again this will void your karnag3 warranty :)**
                        Why in this order?  Simple:  FFDShow controls MP4 by default, so does Haali.  Haali will only decode the "necessary" files that are MP4 (this is also why some people see the .h264 w/mkv files as mkv it sometimes recognized as MP4, or is sometimes "part" mp4 - way to long to explain here) and FFDshow will recognize what Haali has "taken over" after its installed and will not try to decode the same files.  If you install Haali first, this will likely not happen and MKV will not play correctly, in most cases.

Do NOT install Tversity before you reboot.

1. REBOOT. Do NOT install Tversity before you reboot. Why you say? "blah blah but but but tversity installs the codecs at the same time" …yeah and the Tversity service is not running while that is done. This is key. If the program tries to access the codecs prior to reboot, it may cause issues, specifically w/registry errors.
  2. Install Tversity.
  3. Add your folders/files to Tversity and make sure to select the file/folder and select Transcoding / When Needed under the Advanced tab.

LAST) IF YOU WANT TO WATCH HD/MKV FILES AT THE HIGHEST-POSSIBLE RESOLUTION W/OUT STUTTERING… Make sure to set your resolution for Transcoding in Tversity to either 1080x607 (a 0.5625 aspect factor a.k.a 16:9 aspect ratio) or 912x513. Why? Read the next post, but just do it or it’ll stutter. I have a pretty fast PC and I still use 912x513, I recommend this if you have between 2 and 4GB of ram. If you have 4GB or higher and a 2.0GHz Core duo or higher (or kick-ass vid card) you should be good w/1080x607…as long as your average bit rate (when seen using the Select button during a video while watching via PS3) stays below about 9.5MB/s.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reboot and make sure that every file type works correctly w/Media Player Classic. **IF EVERY FILE TYPE YOU HAVE TO PLAY DOES NOT WORK W/MPC, THEN EITHER a) The file type is not enabled in FFDShow. While this is possible, note that with most “modern” video files, this shouldn’t be necessary. or… b) You didn’t follow the steps correctly.

Assuming that all is kosher and your videos play in MPC correctly, you should be good to go. HOWEVER, if for some reason Tversity doesn’t start w/Windows then follow this guide, (which was also posted in a note above):

TVERSITY WINDOWS LOGON ISSUES (aka the Tversity services.msc issue)*

2. In the "Run" field type "services.msc". This will bring up the system services window.
  3. Find the Tversity service. Double click and go the 2nd tab @ the top labeled "Log On".
  4. Under Log On click “Browse”, on the pop-up window, click "Advanced, then on the next pop-up click “Find Now” (no you don’t need to enter any info, just click).
  5. At the bottom, under "Search Results", under the "Name(RDN)" you will likely see Administrator, Guest, then your user name. When you find the one that has your Windows user name, double-click this. This will take you to the 1st pop-up window you saw and will now show your user name in the box. Click OK read the next step
  6. BEFORE YOU HIT ANYTHING ELSE (unless you like repeating the above steps over and over), enter your windows password in the Password & Confirm Password fields. Click OK.

You guessed it, RESTART! Tversity should start w/windows when you use the logon you selected to use w/the Tversity service

I will update the "original" post at some point in the near future, but this should work for you.

GARBLED SOUND BECAUSE OF AC3 FILTER:
I swear if anyone else says “AC3 Filter is causing me garbled sound” I’m gonna scream. Please read thoroughly :)

Before you ask:

1. Yes. You ONLY need FFDshow & Haali.
  2. NO. You do NOT need (and shouldn’t use) AC3 any longer.
  3. NO. I don’t have anything against OSX, actually I kinda like it.
  4. NO. I don’t have anything against Linux, I just don’t have any use for it. I’ve used it, messed w/it, but just not what I need.
  5. NO. HD Video is not currently possible w/Tversity @ a 1920x1080 format, or other standard 1080/720 format. Why? Simple. (keep in mind this is in layman’s terms, KISS):

Frame rate x file size x video bit rate x audio bit rate = streamed packet size.

The frame rate for HD when combined with the necessary bit rate for HD results in a much higher (than “standard” video) packet size, and therefore a higher stream rate (hit select while watching a video on PS3 and you’ll see a “bit rate” measurement in the upper right corner - this is your stream rate). This means the PS3 would need to accept a streamed video rate of approximately 12-15MB/s in order to run HD.

Right now, the cap appears to be between 8.5 - 10MB/s. I don’t know if this is a limitation of the PS3 network config, the network adapter (in the PS3) or if its a PS3-end processing issue. I can assure you that if you can watch the video @ a certain bit rate/resolution on your PC, then you can stream it at the same rate, in most cases, however, the size of the buffer required to watch such a video from a network stream increases dramatically when you factor in transcoding and high resolutions. The PS3 does not appear to be able to buffer at higher than a 10MB/s rate on streamed video, and this is why you get stuttering.

My network is lightning fast and I still can’t max it on most HD files w/the PS3. I have switched from wireless to Ethernet for the PS3 connection, no dice. I have tried a wired connected for both the PC & PS3 together, no improvements.

Despite following your instructions I am still unable to get any audio from .wmv files, do I have to make any changes to the settings in ffdshow?? :?:

Hi.

I’ve followed the guide above letter by letter, but no success. The problem it seems, is that every file on my server is read by the PS3 as a “Mpeg-1” file, and hence I get the message “The data is corrputed” when I try to play them. If I however try the guide on the first page, and install only the ffdshow that follows the TVersity setup, I get to play all the files except HD-files, which is still read as mpeg-1.

Any tips? :)

I have the same problem!

Or, in fact, I can watch everything it seems but not MKV, I just get the data corrupted message and also the PS3 marks the file as MPEG-1?

At the moment im trying the solution with converting from MKV to MP4 with tsMuxer, and then I can stream the video file (with no noticeable difference in quality and takes about 2-3min) directly without transcoding, ie in WMP11 or TVersity too, and the PS3 marks the file as AVC. It seem to work good at 720p, however, why doesnt the embedded subtitle show? When watching on the PC there is subtitles. Any ideas?

Also, on top of everything, the MKVs after givin the corrupted data message, also makes TVersity crash,or better said just switch off the sharing so i need to start sharing again.

No, i havent had success in streaming MKV with 5.1, always corrupted data. I have tried with ffdshow alone, and with ac3 filter. It just wont work. However, if i use the avisynth/mencoder option in PS3 Media Server with ffdshow handling the 5.1 sound it works, and it works with Mencoder alone handling the 5.1 too. So this tells me the issue is within TVersity not beeing able to work together with ffdshow or ac3filter, which PS3 media server is.

I have however suceeded in using CoreAVC instead of ffdshow for mkv (h264) with TVersity, which i have read somewhere wouldnt be possible cause its said that CoreAVC cant transcode. It also works with PS3 Media Server, that is CoreAVC.

It seems as already said that the issue is within TVersity, regarding the 5.1 sound.

In regards to your statements about MKV2VOB and tsMuxer, i cant say anything about MK2VOB, but tsMuxer however doesnt transcode anything, it only remuxes the video (=untouched) to another container, in this case M2TS, which PS3 reads natively. The video inside MKV container is almost always AVC h624, which the PS3 of course supports, but not in MKV container. I have remuxed 720p 4 GB videos with tsMuxer and it takes only 2-3 min, thats not so long? :)

Also PS3 Media Server has this extra option, remuxing the video on the fly using tsMuxer (its bundled with PS3 Media Server). This isnt a bad thing, if you dont need or want subtitles that is. Too bad PS3 dont accept subtitles with M2TS, if it did all problems would be solved and tsMuxer option with PS3 Media Server would be the easiest and most efficient way of streaming all HD video, certainly MKV files! This is, as already stated, because tsMuxer only remuxes, and not transcodes, the video. This results in the same quality as the source MKV, and no noticeable load on the CPU running the streaming server.

After a reinstall, I’m now back to my old problem, which is the same as joksi describes above.

[quote=“KarnaG3”]Its been a while, but it looks like I have a lot of help to offer, so all is good :).

A few things on this little ( or not so) post:

***1) I will update the guide so that the “original” post is up-to-date
***2) DON’T BOTHER ASKING ME ANY QUESTIONS IF a) Your not using Tversity RC4. The newer version is very bug-free and resolved the “services.msc/logon” issue (in most cases). or b)you plan on taking various unconfirmed recommendations from others (who btw are asking questions, too, and therefore can’t seem to get it right yet :)) or c) aren’t going to follow the steps.
***3) For the last time, this is ONLY for PS3 and ONLY for Windows. MAC users, whateva, no hatin’ on Apple, no beef w/Linux, that’s just not what I’m doing here. :) Don’t bitch cuz I don’t have a guide in here for Tversity running on your iPhone & Xbox on a Linux network. That’s why its called “making it work on the {freaking} PS3”. (some linux dude is gonna gimme the linux superiority speech after this, I just know it).
***4) If you are still complaining about garbled sound from the AC3 FILTER after you read this, then you didn’t read this. You will be removing AC3. If it still comes up (your little thing in the system tray…) then you didn’t uninstall it.
***5)]I suggest that *during the entire process you do NOT have your PS3 on

Hi,

I followed this guide above - all works perfectly.

Even HD streaming! I used tsMuxeR_1.8.4(b) to sort the 720p file.

It even let me fast forward and rewind - but it didn’t however, let me skip way ahead in the movie.

Apart from that - brilliant!

A few NEW steps:

>>>>>>>>>>>>1) DISREGARD THE GUIDE AT THE BEGINING, UNLESS YOU ARE STILL USING THAT VERSION OF TVERSITY (i.e. don’t use that version :))
2) Download Tversity RC4 here: http://download.tversity.com/TVersitySetup_1_0_0_7_RC4.exe
3) Download the newest FFDShow here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=4790&s=50 *don’t even think about getting FFDShow from any other link and expect that I can help you, or that it will work correctly. (the FFDshow included w/Tversity works, but the newest version works better w/the Haali splitter [mkv support])
4) Download the Haali Media Splitter for MKV support here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=3239&s=399 (diddo on the last statement for this, too)
5) Download Media Player Classic here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=4251&s=134 Don’t worry - this is only for testing you don’t have to use it forever (although it completely smokes MP11 in my opinion).

[b] **********************STOP************  DON'T INSTALL ANYTHING[/b]
  1. The first thing you need to do is uninstall any codecs you’ve ever installed. This means uninstalling anything that installs its own codecs. PS NERO IS A KNOWN ISSUE. It installs its own codecs for use in audio/video conversion for making those convenient pirate CDs and DVDs for you. I do not use Nero, so I am unsure if you can deselect installation of the codecs. I hate Nero, so the only advice I can give is use something else. Most conversion programs (I use Xilisoft programs a lot) use a codec package that borrows from your default package and may use its own program-specific codecs, in other words they don’t interfere w/your “other/tversity” codecs that we’re concerned w/here.

2. REBOOT. After ANY reboot [related to the install process], I recommend using a registry cleaner. Right now I’m using McAfee’s because it’s easy and effective. This is not required, but if you do it REBOOT AGAIN AFTER THE REG CLEAN.

8) [b]*THIS IS KEY*[/b] DO NOT INSTALL TVERSITY FIRST. Install your codecs first. [b]FFDSHOW FIRST[/b], [b][i]HAALI 2ND[/i][/b]. [i]* do not change any of the default settings [/i]- again this will void your karnag3 warranty :)**
                        Why in this order?  Simple:  FFDShow controls MP4 by default, so does Haali.  Haali will only decode the "necessary" files that are MP4 (this is also why some people see the .h264 w/mkv files as mkv it sometimes recognized as MP4, or is sometimes "part" mp4 - way to long to explain here) and FFDshow will recognize what Haali has "taken over" after its installed and will not try to decode the same files.  If you install Haali first, this will likely not happen and MKV will not play correctly, in most cases.

1. REBOOT. Do NOT install Tversity before you reboot. Why you say? "blah blah but but but tversity installs the codecs at the same time" …yeah and the Tversity service is not running while that is done. This is key. If the program tries to access the codecs prior to reboot, it may cause issues, specifically w/registry errors.
  2. Install Tversity.
  3. Add your folders/files to Tversity and make sure to select the file/folder and select Transcoding / When Needed under the Advanced tab.

LAST) IF YOU WANT TO WATCH HD/MKV FILES AT THE HIGHEST-POSSIBLE RESOLUTION W/OUT STUTTERING… Make sure to set your resolution for Transcoding in Tversity to either 1080x607 (a 0.5625 aspect factor a.k.a 16:9 aspect ratio) or 912x513. Why? Read the next post, but just do it or it’ll stutter. I have a pretty fast PC and I still use 912x513, I recommend this if you have between 2 and 4GB of ram. If you have 4GB or higher and a 2.0GHz Core duo or higher (or kick-ass vid card) you should be good w/1080x607…as long as your average bit rate (when seen using the Select button during a video while watching via PS3) stays below about 9.5MB/s.

Reboot and make sure that every file type works correctly w/Media Player Classic. **IF EVERY FILE TYPE YOU HAVE TO PLAY DOES NOT WORK W/MPC, THEN EITHER a) The file type is not enabled in FFDShow. While this is possible, note that with most “modern” video files, this shouldn’t be necessary. or… b) You didn’t follow the steps correctly.

Assuming that all is kosher and your videos play in MPC correctly, you should be good to go. HOWEVER, if for some reason Tversity doesn’t start w/Windows then follow this guide, (which was also posted in a note above):

TVERSITY WINDOWS LOGON ISSUES (aka the Tversity services.msc issue)*

You guessed it, RESTART! Tversity should start w/windows when you use the logon you selected to use w/the Tversity service

I will update the "original" post at some point in the near future, but this should work for you.

GARBLED SOUND BECAUSE OF AC3 FILTER:
I swear if anyone else says “AC3 Filter is causing me garbled sound” I’m gonna scream. Please read thoroughly :)[/quote]

I Installed VLC as part of the HD Homerun tuner setup for Vista Media Center. Do I need to uninstall this program because it may have codecs with it? Also, does anybody have an update about firmware 2.52? Did it make a difference for anybody who previously had 2.5?

Something is obviously wrong with my setup, even if I try to use tsMuxer or mkv2vob, my HD-files (mkv) are stil marked as MPEG-1 by the PS3, and hence I get the corrupted data msg. I’ve tried to reinstall all the codecs 3 times now, making sure I’m following the guide step-by-step, but still no luck. Could anyone please help me? :)

VLC shouldn’t make a difference. It does not “install” codecs. It uses codecs specific to it only (internal codecs), versus codecs that are system-wide for your Windows installation (external codecs).

And as far as I can tell, 2.52 didn’t break anything, it fixed the black and white issue for people with SDTV’s, and it added sequential playback and scene selection (bookmarks/chapters automatically created by time intervals) for video files. Unless you don’t want those features for some reason I’d recommended to update.

It seems completely impossible to get this working.

I have now removed the codec packs (tried Vista Codec Pack and K-Lite Codec Pack), and cleaned the registry, rebooted and installed ffdshow tryouts and haali media splitter only separately (dont want these code packs) and what happens, MKV starts playing great in WMP11 but when streaming to the PS3 I get data corrupted.
But now TVersity doesnt crasha tleast, with the codec packs TVersity disabled the sharing.

Converting from MKV to m2ts for example works great, pure streaming and no transcoding.

A strange thing is with standard profiles.xml all MKV files are reported as unknown, not supported, but when I change to mpeg2 they get reported as MPEG1 =S

Help!

I’ve given up on using TVersity to transcode due simply to the inability to fast forward/rewind more than 1 minute before it freezes for 5 … Download AutoMencoder and use it to convert all files that are unsupported, and use TsMuxer for MKV files… So far I’ve yet to find a file they cannot successfully convert to a PS3 happy format. Sure, takes more effort, but AutoMen has the option to queue several files, so you just set up a massive queue and let it run over night … It doesn’t use much in terms of resources, so you could also let it run 24x7 until your videos are converted. Being able to fast forward/rewind is worth the extra effort… Especially considering that the amount of extra effort is minimal at best. This is also works for people having trouble getting 5.1 audio to work on HD files when transcoding as well… I haven’t had any problems in that respect with the conversion method…