For some reason my Xbox 360 will either not show any computers or when it does I cannot connect to any of them. I also get the following error in event viewer when trying to connect to media centre via my Windows 7 machine.
“Media Center Extender Setup failed as the Extender was detected on the network but the UPnP search for the Extender failed (timed out after 20000ms).”
In brief, I have tried the following below. Both of the routers mentioned below are brand new.
• All computers connect via wireless to a Netgear WNR2000 router (Firmware is up to date) which is connected to my virgin media cable modem downstairs. (10 meg connection)
• I also have a Netgear WNR2000 router (Firmware is up to date) upstairs being used as a wireless repeater. This has my Xbox 360 connected to it via an Ethernet cable.
• I have given my Xbox a static IP address and Xbox live works fine.
• I have disabled and re-enabled UPNP on my router.
• I have turned NAT to open, pointed DMZ server to my Xbox, port forwarded the correct ports and disabled SP1 firewall on the router.
• All my computers Vista and windows 7 have the correct services and firewall exceptions enabled. I have also enabled file sharing and media sharing and they can all see and play files from each other.
• I have also tried this with AVG & Windows firewall disabled.
• I have also installed tversity on my main Windows 7 machine.
• I have performed hard resets on all routers & the Xbox.