XBOX 360, TVersity 2.3, MKV files, embedded subs

I have tried, without success, to get mkv files with embedded subs to play correctly on my XBOX 360. I am using TVersity 2.3. I have CCCP 2011-11-11. I have followed, to the best of my ability, all the guides here on how to do this. Since I’m using later versions of both TVersity and CCCP, I obviously cannot follow along exactly, but I make do. I uninstalled the TVersity codec pack that was automatically installed. I set Subtitles to on in the ffdshow video decoder configuration utility, and also checked off Embedded subtitles, and Give embedded priority. I have VSFilter set to not load. I have everything unselected under Haali Media Splitter in the CCCP settings. I have transcode set to always, Use DirectShow, Windows Media Video 8, optimized for quality, connection speed is wired, compression is minimum, decoding speed is checked and audio capture is unchecked. The file plays fine when it comes to audio and video, however I do not speak Japanese, so I need the subtitles to know what is going on, and they are not showing up. When I play the file through Windows Media Player on my machine, it plays fine, showing the subtitles, but through TVersity, I have nothing.

Can anybody tell me what, exactly, I need to do to get this working? I do not want to downgrade to an older version of, well, anything. If that’s the only way to get this to work, then something is obviously wrong somewhere.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

ever since I bought the 2.2 Version of Tversity I had the same problem, although on my PS3, but it is the same thing- I also tried various settings and installation procedures, but I can’t get it to work either. Since this problem has been posted here serveral times already without any real solutions and no commentary or answers from the creators of the program I can only guess that either they don’t care or I don’t know…

So far the only real solution seems to be to switch back to version 1.97.

It’s kind of sad really,I know alot of ppl who stopped using Tversity because of this, since otherwise it is a good program…

If anyone ever finds a solution for displaying subtitles again I would appreciate if they could post it here also.

Thank you.

Val

Hi,

ever since I bought the 2.2 Version of TVersity I’ve had the same problem, although I am using a PS3, it is the same thing. I’ve tried various settings and installation procedures, but nothing seems to bring back the subtitles. Since this problem has been posted here several times already, and there has been no answers or solutions from the creators of the program, I can only guess that either they dont care or hell I don’t know…

So far the only solution seems to be to switch back to version 1.97…

It’s kind of sad really, I know alot of ppl who stopped using Tversity because of this, since otherwise it is a good program…

If anyone ever finds a solution to this problem I would appreciate if you could post it here also.

Thank you.

Val

I have the exact same problem…
I’ve followed all the steps here http://forums.tversity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72413 and used cccleaner to remove registry entries witout any success…
Any help would be appreciated

I also want to know the solution to this question. Guys please help. Thanks.

[Removed by moderator]

CCCP has changed completely now and I am trying to use FFDShow and filters for splitting mkvs,mp4s. I am at complete loss as of how to get this working (streaming with embedded subtiles). It was working fine before 2.3 following a now outdated guide for subs on 360. I have no clue how to setup codecs correctly. I have tried only using 32-bit variants as it was suggested by TVersity in some document.