Aside from the creation of a profile suitible for Samsung - a topic which was dealt with here: http://forums.tversity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10992 - until recently there was no solution for pausing, FF, resuming play from last time (the blue button), no thumbnails in "Pictures" mode etc.
Well - you might be interested in the solution DD4ever found - SamyGo.
Here is a step-by-step, that should work for anyone with a "Content Library" feature. Once you follow it, you will have all these missing features. It will be just like playing from a USB stick - but from yout TVersity server.
1. Download this zip : http://sourceforge.net/projects/samygo/files/SamyGO%20Kernel%20Modules/SamyGO%20All%20Extensions%20v0.02.zip/download
2. Extract the zip it into a USB stick
3. Plug the USB stick in the TV, and go to "Content Library"
4. Choose "Content Management" (the icon with "WWW" on it)
5. In the menu there, go to the USB, and then move to the right side, and choose "Games"
6. You should see a new "Game" there called "SamyGo Extentions". Mark it with the yellow button. Then choose "Copy"
7. Leave this menu to go back to the main "Content Library" menu
8. Make sure you leave the USB stick in place - do not remove it.
9. Choose "Games" in the main menu of "Content Library"
10. You should see some of the games you have already, and the new game "SamyGo Extentions". Run it
11. There will be funny colors displayed on the screen, and after 1 or 2 seconds you should see a notification for a new device "USB UPNP". This is good.
12. Exit and go to the "Media Play" as you normaly do. Press the red botton, and you should see the new UPNP device. Choose it.
13. You should now see yout TVersity server, and you can then navigate normally.
That's it - you can pause, FF etc - just like you would play the movie off the USB stick.
The next time you turn the TV on, just make sure you have any USB stick plugged to the TV. Then wait a bit for the network connection to kick in (a couple of seconds for "Wireless", less for "Wired" ) and run the "SamyGo" game - and your set to go.
If you are an advanced user, you might want to add your TVersity IP address - to make finding it quicker:
Before copying SamyGO to the TV, just edit this file : SamyGO/etc/init.d/03_03_nfsmount.init and add your IP address here :
- Code: Select all
This made a huge difference for me. Hope you will enjoy it as well. I personalty thing Samsung should pay the guys in SamyGO for doing Samsung's work.